I was thinking the other day about when I get my best knitting done. I was wondering because I haven’t been getting nearly enough done and I was trying to figure out what I had to change so I make sure I capitalize on the time and get it done.
Here is what I have come up with:
- A good program to watch (I tend to do most of my knitting while watching television)
- A comfortable place to sit
- Beverage (knitting works up a thirst)
- Pattern/project bag/notions (I can’t tell you how many times I have sat down only to have the pattern across the room!)
- Dogs who are sleepy or outside (they always seem to know when I have settled in and just HAVE to go outside)
- A relatively empty bladder!
I think those are the basics to a good knitting session. I don’t think I could do a book on tape unless I had a mindless pattern to knit. I would get lost between the book and the pattern. Maybe some good music if I was without television.
So what are your must haves to a perfect knitting session? Did I miss something crucial? Hit the comments and let me know.