Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FP: Fi-Fy-Fo-Fum


Finished Project: Fi-Fy-Fo-FumCraft: KnittingDate Range: May-August 2011 (took long breaks!)Yarn: Happy Feet (merlot & taupe)
Needles: US 2 & US 4
Notions: Buttons (from button jar)Pattern Source: Fiona's TopModifications: Changed needle size to get a newborn size
Journey:
When I first saw this top I knew I wanted to make it.  I thought that the bodice was joined and knit in the round, but then I found out it was seamed and so I put it to the back of my mind (I am not much on seaming (not too good at it)).  But it just nagged at me and then I saw the Happy Feet and I knew that it would be perfect, so I sucked it up and cast on.  It went great, the first part of the back went fast, then I started losing focus.  Then I picked it back up in June and got the second part done and was almost done with the back and for some reason put it down to do something else.  I didn't get back to it until July and started the front and was going great, then focus started drifting towards nothingness again and finally I was so close, that I took a day off work to get it done.  The seaming went pretty darn good.  I am pretty proud of it. 
I had a heck of a time picking out some buttons for the back.  I must have spent an hour going through my button jar looking for something in the brown family and finally I thought, a pop of color and so I found two of these fucshia buttons (it is hard to find two matching buttons in my jar sometimes).  They were perfect!


It turned out exactly how I wanted (could be a touch longer).  I am keeping it for me (no I am not having a baby (far from it)), just for a little something special.  I am pretty sure that if my friends have girls, they can expect one at some point!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Like the eyelet pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buttons look great with it. Good choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color is beautiful! Thanks for adding the linky.

    ReplyDelete