Friday, July 8, 2011

FP: Owl Hold That For You


Finished Project: Owl Hold That For You
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: June ?, 2011
Completion Date: The next day
Materials: Knit Picks Comfy Bulky (?discontinued); Lining fabric
Notions: Button jar buttons
Pattern Source: Owl Diaper and Wipes Case

I needed a quick knit to go with a box of Pampers Swaddlers for a work place baby shower and then I remembered that I had purchased this pattern. I knew it would be perfect.

I quickly ran to my stash to see what I had in the bulky weight that would work (note: I don't have enough bulky weight yarn, and by that I mean, next to NONE!) I found some KP Comfy Bulky in the Marine colorway that I had purchased way last year for a different project that never did happen. I held my yarn doubled, to get a little more bulk. The Comfy Bulky feels like a worsted to me.

In the future I plan on using either cotton doubled or something more like Thick n Quick. I think I will shy away from the KP (too soft).



I had the lining fabric already sewn for another project (two years ago) so I was happy to finally use it. I just love the print. I wish I had more of it. *sigh*

All the buttons came from my button jar. Do you know how hard it is to find two of the same button? Oy...I was lucky.

I noticed that going from the tighter knits of the cables to the purls left ladders. I am not happy with that, but I am not quite sure how to fix it. I always pull my yarn pretty tight (I am a tight knitter, but these ladders make me look like a ginormous loosey goosey). If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please drop me a comment or email me at mystery@bresnan.net . I can also be found on Ravelry with the id: LdyPngn.

Happy little knit, I plan on making again and again. Owls are so in right now! Perfect for a boy or girl. This went to an expectant little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment