Friday, January 28, 2011

FP 4: Dr. Duck


Finished Project: Dr. Duck
Craft: Knitting
Begin Date: January 15, 2011
Completion Date: January 16, 2011
Yarn: Lily Sugar & Cream: Warm Brown, Dark Pine, Hot Orange, Ecru
Needles: US 4
Notions: Safety Eyes
Pattern Source: Round Duck

First and foremost, I should emphasize the importance of reading the directions through first before beginning any project.  Like 97% of crafters, I did not do that and I had to frog a very unsymmetrical duck body and start over!  But, the second time around went so much more smoothly and I learned from my mistakes and even better, I was able to take full advantage of the clever way this little guy comes together.

Pattern designer Clare Doornbos provides a very detailed pattern with loads of photos (that you should totally look at before beginning).  Her clever short-rowing and the in-the-round pick up for the head is just something that I gushed about for days (of course it was to all my non-knitting friends so they just smiled along with me).  I will definitely be checking out more of Clare's patterns at Natty Knits.

I love this pattern and will be making many more Round Ducks, I am sure.

This is for my NCIS swap partner and it represents Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard so to go with it, I designed my very own Ducky Bow Tie to finish the English Gentleman Look.




No comments:

Post a Comment