Thursday, January 13, 2011

P1: Death By Knitting




Finished Project: Death By Knitting


Craft: Embroidery

Date Began: January 1, 2011

Date Completed: January 2, 2011

Pattern Source: Urban Threads


I started this on New Year's Day with every intention of finishing it during the Winter Classic. I think I was too bummed out to finish it and decided to wallow in my sorrow by eating chips and dip. Since I didn't want to get it dirty, I pushed it off and finished it after today's unintended nap.

I used a white canvas bag (pack of three from Joann Fabric & Crafts), took one of my most favorite designs from Urban Threads, and applied it using the iron/laser printer technique (and OMG it worked! I could have made it a touch darker...if that was even possible) and then using some DMC floss, got started (sorry I don't have the floss numbers, I am a bad crafter and discarded all the labels without writing down any of the numbers! I have a whole box full of unlabeled floss!). I wanted to do something a little edgy for my friend Angie. She is going to start knitting soon and I wanted her to be set in style. I don't know too many knitters in my area, let alone any who would appreciate a skull as much as I would, but I think Angie will dig it.




It is stocked full of yarny goodness, a little reference guide I put together and some notions in a cute little knitted pouch. I love to give my "students" a little goody bag to get them excited about the craft.


No comments:

Post a Comment